The Sakura Data Operations (DataOps) team delivers a complete approach to designing, implementing and maintaining distributed data architectures that support a wide range of tools, frameworks, and cloud providers.
Our DataOps teams increase the velocity, reliability, and quality of your data analysis and enhances communication, collaboration, integration, automation, measurement and cooperation between data scientists, analysts, engineers, DevOps, and testing/QA.
Through our proven DataOps strategy, we bridge the gap between engineers, data scientists, and business users; and create a fast, flexible, and effective solution that drives positive business outcomes.
Our data engineers build the secure systems and software that drives the collection, transmission, storage and analysis of data. From the Internet of Things to cloud storage and compute instances, we enable organisations to innovate and optimise their business through high performance, scalable, data pipelines.
Through our tools and partnerships, our data integration services combine technical and business processes from disparate sources into meaningful and valuable information. A Sakura data integration solution delivers trusted data from a variety of sources with a flexible methodology that supports your evolving business needs.
Data Security & Privacy
Our data security and privacy teams assist companies to manage the increasingly complex environment surrounding the collection, use and protection of corporate and personal data. We provide strategies for enhancing trust and advancing your brand, reputation and competitiveness. Working across a broad variety of sectors, including fintech and media, we help organisations prepare for data incidents, manage security and privacy issues, define the policy agenda, and influence leadership positioning.
Unreliable data erodes trust at all levels, creating situations where stakeholders may make poor critical decisions. At Sakura we recognise that building a sustainable data management solution can be challenging and complex, so we work with our clients to effectively manage their organisation’s data, turning it into valuable information. We assist you to develop a pragmatic data quality strategy, create a business case and conduct a cost-benefit analysis, implement strategies, integrate data quality and data governance programs, define roles and responsibilities for managing data quality, define data quality processes, and define and implement data lifecycle policies, processes and standards.
Products & Platforms
Apache Superset is the modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application that is the the Open Source alternative to Tableau & PowerBI.
Sakura can unlock the power of Superset features:
- An intuitive interface to explore and visualize datasets, and create interactive dashboards.
- A wide array of beautiful visualizations to showcase your data.
- Easy, code-free, user flows to drill down and slice and dice the data underlying exposed dashboards. The dashboards and charts act as a starting point for deeper analysis.
- A state of the art SQL editor/IDE exposing a rich metadata browser, and an easy workflow to create visualizations out of any result set.
- An extensible, high granularity security model allowing intricate rules on who can access which product features and datasets. Integration with major authentication backends (database, OpenID, LDAP, OAuth, REMOTE_USER, …)
- A lightweight semantic layer, allowing to control how data sources are exposed to the user by defining dimensions and metrics
- Out of the box support for most SQL-speaking databases
- Deep integration with Druid allows for Superset to stay blazing fast while slicing and dicing large, realtime datasets
- Fast loading dashboards with configurable caching.
Sakura can provision, manage, and support your Superset installation in AWS or GCP.
When workflows are defined as code, they become more maintainable, versionable, testable, and collaborative. Sakura Sky manages and supports leading tools for data workflow orchestrating including Apache Airflow and Google Cloud Composer.
Apache Airflow (or simply Airflow) is a platform to programmatically author, schedule, and monitor workflows which allows your team to author workflows as directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) of tasks. The Airflow scheduler executes your tasks on an array of workers while following the specified dependencies. The rich user interface makes it easy to visualize pipelines running in production, monitor progress, and troubleshoot issues when needed.
Sakura’s team has many Airflow installations in production and provide support and management services for global brands.