Snort has officially launched Snort 3, a sweeping upgrade featuring improvements and new features resulting in enhanced performance, faster processing, improved scalability for your network and a range of 200+ plugins so users can create a custom set-up for their network.
This version of Snort was developed in close collaboration with the Snort community. The benefits of upgrading are readily apparent:
- More Adaptable: Snort 3 is redesigned in C++ which makes the code base more modular and easier to maintain on your network.
- More Efficient: Threading and shared memory allow you to scale Snort 3 to your network and create a much faster start-up. This allows multiple packet processing to free up more memory for more packet processing power.
- More Customizable: Plugins with Luajit allows users to write their own plugins much easier than before to do things like add your own Snort Rule options, in-depth file processing, and more.
- Better Performance: Snort Rule Syntax has been updated to make it easier to write and to understand, especially for new users. The rule syntax is more concise with fewer rule parts which will allow rules to run quicker.
Sakura Sky have been working with Snort for 10 years and continues to offer installation, configuration, and ongoing support via our Secuity Operations team.
- a complete Managed Service
- Snort infrastructure, configuration, and security support for any Cloud or On Prem
- best practice advice earned through years of Snort experience.
SNORT® is the foremost Open Source Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) in the world. Snort IPS uses a series of rules that help define malicious network activity and uses those rules to find packets that match against them and generates alerts for users.
Snort can be deployed inline to stop these packets, as well. Snort has three primary uses:
- As a packet sniffer like tcpdump,
- as a packet logger — which is useful for network traffic debugging,
- or it can be used as a full-blown network intrusion prevention system.
Snort can be downloaded and configured for personal and business use alike. Snort is developed by Cisco.
About Sakura Sky
Sakura Sky provides cloud, data, and security services to the world’s leading brands.
With innovation at our core, Sakura serves enterprise clients and thousands of other businesses around the world. Our global team provides cloud strategy, implementation and integration support, machine learning and data science, cyber security, and training services.
Sakura Sky is headquartered in Singapore with a delivery footprint across Asia, North America, and Europe.